Integrated tools. Accelerated science.
Come Visit us at PAG XXV, Booth #119.
Tackle your next project with our integrated offerings at every step in your workflow.
1. SNP Discovery
- We offer a broad range of services: Genotyping by Sequencing (GBS)1, NGS services including de novo sequencing, re-seq, transcriptome, metagenome, analysis of amplicons, and custom applications.
- GBS is a cost effective method for genome-wide SNP discovery for organisms with no reference genome.
- Experience in techniques ranging from normalized GBS (nGBS), double digest RadSeq (ddRAD) and other GBS or targeted sequencing- based approaches.
2. Association Studies
- Using a high density microarray for a genome wide association study can provide insight into how your markers are linked to your traits of interest
- We offer array-based SNP genotyping through a partnership2 with TraitGenetics.
- Consulting services available for complex projects (e.g. the development of new arrays, including for livestock as well as crop plants).
3. SNP Validation
- Validation is necessary for informative SNP assay development, in order to maximize the number of functional polymorphic markers in genetic segregation analysis.
- Our systems and services are a cost-effective solution enabling generation of large datasets for increased confidence in SNP validation.
4. Marker Assisted Selection (MAS)
- MAS is used to produce better and safer crops and livestock.
- SNP markers enable the selection and breeding of desirable traits in a rapid and cost-effective manner.
5. Routine Screening
- Harness the power and flexibility of our high-throughput systems to genotype SNPs across large populations.
- KASP® and BHQplus® probes are industry-leading chemistries for high quality, cost-effective genotyping while all BHQ probe formats are ideal for gene expression and copy number variation.
- We have the world’s largest genotyping laboratory, delivering the highest quality data at break-through cost savings with expertise across hundreds of different species.
- Keygene N.V. owns patents and patent applications protecting its sequence based genotyping technologies, as described by Truong et al., PLoS ONE 7: e37565, 2012 . LGC has a licence from KeyGene N.V. to offer the GBS service for any organisms provided that use and application in human and animal shall be limited to research use only.
- Partnerships with TraitGenetics and Keygene